We’ve all seen the reports of massive winter weather, cancelled flights, and snow days. Birmingham Business Journal released it’s 5 tips to stay productive, and safe.
Whether you’re the one battling winter storms or you’re working with colleagues who are, these tips may help keep your business running, even if nothing else seems to be.
- Video Conference Meetings - Platforms with secure online meeting rooms and reliable HD video enable your staff to continue to collaborate and complete important tasks while out of the office.
- Web Conferencing for Collaborative Projects - Participants can distribute, discuss and review materials – spreadsheets, documents and presentations – with efficiency-driven features like online screen sharing tools, live annotation, and synchronized browsing.
- Anywhere-access Work Email - Use a reliable corporate email service, such as Microsoft Hosted Exchange or Gmail for business, to keep everyone connected regardless of location.
- Instant Messaging - Unified messaging platforms can provide a broad range of tools: instant messaging, a buddy list with presence, click-to-dial, softphone, call logs, voicemail and business directories.
- Advanced Call Forwarding - Make sure that your provider has geo-redundant colocation data center facilities and a solid track record for network uptime to avoid losing touch should your city’s local power and telephones be interrupted.
See the complete article here.
Stay safe, warm and productive through these winter storm days.
Join Bongo International and Miva Merchant to learn the benefits and challenges behind expanding internationally.
Register Now! (Free)
- What are international shoppers buying?
- What Markets are growing?
- Is International Expansion the right choice for my Business?
- How does a 3rd party Global Logistics Provider operate anyway?
These questions and more answered by Bongo International, one of the fastest growing US Technology Companies in The Deloitte Fast500.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is intended for e-commerce business owners, their advisors, web-store developers and general financial and operations personnel who operate an e-commerce business or advise these types of businesses.
Sign up to Discover the Benefits and Challenges of International Shipping today!
The new RAW-capable Production Camera 4K is finally shipping out and now costs $1,000 less than originally priced. From now on, the 4K super-35 sensor, global-shutter equipped model is priced at $2,995 instead of $3,995, making it the cheapest 4K pro camera on the market right now.
Shoot Ultra HD TV or 4K feature films with the new Blackmagic Production Camera 4K. You get a large Super 35 size sensor with professional global shutter combined with precision EF mount optics, high quality visually lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) file recording for a complete self contained solution. The built in touchscreen lets you monitor, change settings and enter metadata directly on the camera!
Shop Now: Production Camera 4K
Ship internationally by getting an US address here!
Matt Cutts announced on February 10th that Google was launching an algorithm refresh around February 6th. No one’s quite sure what the impact has been or will be as of yet. The reporting has been vague.
Google’s first page layout algorithm was launched in January of 2012 and followed up with an update in October of the same year. This is the third change to the design-focused algorithm, which analyzes page layout and if ads placed above the fold are excessive. - WebsiteMagazine.com
Search Engine Roundtable offers an example of what impact could look like:
What does it look like when a site gets hit by this? Here is a screen shot from WebmasterWorld of someone who was hit:
Again, very few seem to have been impacted by it but there are some and they are complaining in the forum threads.
Previous page layout updates have targeted content layout (read: content buried beneath the fold and lost to other distractions) and over use of ads on landing/entry pages.
So far no sites of note have reportedly been effected.
In honor of 2014 Spring New York Fashion Week we’re featuring fashion designers seen in New York.
New York Fashion Week is a biannual series of events when international fashion collections are shown. Buyers, the press and the general public attend runway shows and exhibitions to view the latest collections, trends and styles.
Alice + Olivia
Shop NYFW 2014 designers now and dress to impress.
Ship internationally by getting an US address here!
Last month Google’s Matt Cutts wrote a blog post about the decline of guest blogging. In it he stated:
[S]tick a fork in it: guest blogging is done; it’s just gotten too spammy.
Now, if you read the entire post (with updates) you’ll get a good understanding of why guest posting has deteriorated. It’s been happening for awhile now. Matt Cutts includes videos from as early as 2012 discussing the distinction between high-quality guest posts vs. spammier guest posts. It’s just gotten more prominent since then.
The distinction Cutts draws is that, just like linking, guest blogging has become abused. The low quality sites phishing for PR by offering content for dofollow links have blossomed like a red tide poisoning the landscape for the less shaddy content writers who haven’t reached a level of distinction just yet.
Cutts does specify that there are still many good reasons to do some guest blogging including:
- increased reach
Cutts is more focused on the “death” of guest blogging as a SEO tactic. So, if you’re in the marketing business you may benefit from reading his full explaination. Particularly if blogging has been a major part of your link building scheme.
In short, guest blogging for branding, reach, exposure = good. Guest blogging for link building = on the way out.
Well traveled? Concerned about local drinking water and the environment? Add a Steripen to your travel kit and cut down on empty plastic bottles and unwanted illnesses.
SteriPEN is the world’s leading manufacturer of ultraviolet, handheld water purification systems.
SteriPEN comes in a variety of models for travel, outdoor recreation, family heath, and emergency preparedness situations, making safe drinking water available to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Using ultraviolet light to sterilize drinking water is common in cities worldwide. UV light destroys germs’ ability to reproduce and make you sick. It destroys 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.99% of viruses, and 99.9% of protozoa.
Most models are reusable for up to 8,000 liters – or 7+ years of safe drinking water – saving enormous amounts of money on bottled water and ensuring wellness along the way.
Shop Now: SteriPEN
Ship internationally by getting an US address here!
We’re a little ways into 2014 for predictions, though this survey of 70 mid-market retail executives about their use of big data and predictive marketing analytics in day-to-day marketing is interesting.
1) 80% of retailers will have a central customer data warehouse with the ability to link all data points to unique customer channels.
2) More companies will integrate offline, call center and loyalty transactions with their online customer data.
3) Nearly 70% of retailers will be using predictive analytics for at least one of their sales channels.
4) Marketers will move beyond using only likelihood to buy predictions and will begin to utilize recommendations, customer clusters and likelihood to churn predictions.
5) Predictive modeling will move beyond email and direct mail to include social media and offline transactions.
6) Nearly 70% of retailers will be doing customer segmentation.
7) Marketers will move beyond new customer welcome campaigns (and finally) launch abandoned cart campaigns, customer win-back campaigns and VIP customer appreciation programs.
8) Over two-thirds of retail marketers will decide how to invest their marketing dollars based on which channels attract the highest customers with the highest lifetime value.
9) Almost half of marketers will have tried Facebook lookalike campaigns to acquire more valuable customers.
10) Half of retailers will outsource the creation of analytics models, but most will have marketers on staff that know how to use the outcome of analytics models.
Valentine’s Day is next Friday, February 14th. Are you ready?
Valentine’s Day is a festival of romantic love and many people give cards, letters, flowers or presents to their spouse or partner. Romantic meals or a night in a hotel are other high romance concepts.
We’ve selected a collection of potential Valentine’s gift ideas for the lady in your life. Select one or a variety for a personalized gift she’ll love.
Shop Now: Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
Ship internationally by getting an EU address here!
The biggest obstacle to building a storefront with international appeal is knowing what the international customer is looking for when they visit a site with the intention of buying. A customer in the U.S. purchasing from a domestic merchant, is concerned with:
After adding shipping, does the cost of the purchase fall in range of what the customer is willing to pay?
Providing your customers with a link to Bongo’s Landed Cost Calculator can help them figure out if the item’s price meets their criteria. If you use Bongo Connect, you can actually include the calculated duties and taxes within your shopping cart, providing your customers with a highly accurate overall price. This can actually make you stand out among other merchants who might even offer the same product at a lower cost; because you can show the final cost including duties and taxes, the customer will be more secure in ordering from you instead of going to another merchant which may surprise them with much higher shipping costs once duties and taxes have been assessed.
Product Description and Details
Is the product description informative?
This one is actually quite simple: translation is key. A large majority of the world does not read English or utilize the U.S. Dollar, so if your site is only in English and displays prices only in U.S. dollars, it creates one more hurdle for the international shopper to overcome in order to purchase an item from you. Fortunately, there are tools available that make translating your site quite easy:
Google Translate – The 4 step process on this page will allow you to insert a drop-down menu on your site which allows the user to translate your site into their native language. It requires a little knowledge of HTML, but is an easy and free way to accurately translate your site.
Currency Converter from WidgetBox – This little widget is easy to integrate into your site’s sidebar, allowing users to quickly convert prices into their local currency.